- Let’s Talk About Sex Baby
- Sex is NOT inappropriate to talk about. People are told sex and money are inappropriate topics of conversation, but if I continue to keep silent about such topics I will never glean from the experience of others, be on the same page as my spouse, or work out my issues with these politically incorrect topics. Communication is key to a healthy marriage.
There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers. My son, keep your father’s commandment, and forsake not your mother’s teaching.
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.
- Know Thyself
- I need to do the work necessary to know who I am without sex in my life and who I am with sex in my life. And even more importantly, I need to know why.
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.
- In The Eyes of Another
- My husband thinks I am beautiful. He CHOSE me! Believe him. I think my husband is hot. And I CHOSE him! Believe me.
You are altogether beautiful, my love; there is no flaw in you.
- Peeling Away The Pain
- Sex is a gift and I am NOT tarnished, broken, or worthless after sexual abuse.
You shall no more be termed Forsaken, and your land shall no more be termed Desolate, but you shall be called My Delight Is in Her, and your land Married; for the Lord delights in you, and your land shall be married
- We Are Not Just Nymphomaniacs
- I do not think sex is gross, annoying, or a chore. I need to find more people like me; we can be mentors for each other. I can learn from them.
Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another.
- Loving Lustfully
- Lust rarely turns into love and there is a distinct difference between the two. On the flip side, my husband and I lust after each other because we love each other.
Song of Songs 1:1-4
Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth— for your love is more delightful than wine. Pleasing is the fragrance of your perfumes; your name is like perfume poured out. No wonder the young women love you! Take me away with you—let us hurry! Let the king bring me into his chambers.
- Remember This OrderLove your Spouse, Serve your Spouse.GOD, MARRIAGE, CHILDREN
- God is the foundation of our healthy marriage and a healthy marriage is the proper model for our children to follow.
- Love your Children, Serve your Children.
- Love God, Serve God.
Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her,
We love because he first loved us.
- Wives should initiate sex too.
- I will not become a doormat expecting my husband to do all the work. I must remember he loves me and loves it when I come on to him. A marriage and its intimacy is a partnership, I will join him in his appreciation, love and lust of me. I will show my husband how I appreciate, love and lust him.
Song of Songs 7:10-11
I belong to my beloved, and his desire is for me. Come, my beloved, let us go to the countryside, let us spend the night in the villages.
- Differentiate Between Fun- Sexy-Naughty and Impure
- I will start with and keep sex and intimacy in my marriage sacred, pure and pleasing in the eyes of God and my spouse.
Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.
Don’t Stay Stuck
If I don’t like my current situation, I will change it! Take baby steps, take big steps, do something. I will not allow myself to stay in my pity party, no one else wants to go to that party, and I will be alone. Whatever it is that I do not like, have peace with, or do not find joy in, change it. But, FIRST I must remember to pray for God’s guidance. He will lead me.
And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ…
These 10 things are working for my marriage, maybe some of them will work for you too.